So far I think this is my favorite project for the Inspire My Creativity link party! I have seen them ALL over Instagram and Pinterest. When I started looking at tutorials I was surprised at how easy they were to put together. Here are a few things I did with mine:
- Have at least 3 different types of greenery. This gives it dimension and fullness.
- If you are using flowers, use 3. I did a big peony and two smaller ranunculus flowers. That way you can off set the flower and have it look symmetrical with ease.
- Hobby Lobby has the biggest floral selection. Go there. Wait for them to be on sale first.
What you need:
- Embroidery Hoop (any size you want! Just make sure the flowers will work with that hoop)
- Florist Tape
- Floral Wire
- Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
This is the easiest hard part of the whole thing. Figuring out where you want the greenery to go. I started with the largest pieces of greenery that I knew I wanted going up the sides and then moved in to smaller pieces to fill in around where I wanted the flowers. I even used the leaves from the flowers on the wreath. That way I had a good variety.
I wish I could tell you there is a magic way to attach everything to the hoop, but there isn’t. I tied some down with the twine, I attached a lot using the wire and then covering the wire with florist tape. And I used A LOT of glue from the hot glue gun. I used the hot glue gun to also hold the wire and twine in place.
I was in charge of the crafts for Girls Weekend at the beginning of March and we made the wreaths there too. It was so fun to see what everyone came up with.
I hope you enjoyed this craft. If you are inspired to make one, please share it with me, I would love to see it! This post is part of the Inspire My Creativity link party that I co-host. The other co-hosts are sharing their projects today. I would love for you to see what they came up with!
- Shani | Sunshine & Munchkins
- Christine | Swordfights & Starry Nights
- Meg | See The HappyCandice | She’s Crafty
- Julia | The Quiet Grove
- Marie | The Inspiration Vault
- Brooke | My Beautiful Mess
- Heather | Glitter On A Dime
- Rachel | Adventures of a DIY Mom
- Jenny | Cookies, Coffee and Crafts
- Anna | Practical and Pretty
- Keala | Recipe For A Sweet Life
- Carmen | Living Letter Home
- Cathy | A Boy and His Mom
- Adree | The Keele Deal
- Aimee | Things Small and Simple
- Alexandra | EyeLoveKnots
<span style=”display: none;”>http://a%20href=</span>
Our theme for April is Pastels! I am looking for all the inspiration, so send it my way!