As I have gotten – older – I have been noticing my skin changing. What worked for me when my teens were little is no longer working for me now. Add to that a couple more babies and a new climate and the need for a skincare makeover.
What I have learned is that taking care of your skin allows you to put on your makeup easier, it gives your skin the nourishment it needs, and makes for some good “me time.” This week I am sharing my skin care routine along with tips and tricks! This post is what I do in the morning!
- In the shower I was my face with Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser with my Clarisonic face brush.
- Once I have dried off I use Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner. Do you know why you want to use a toner? If you do, you can skip ahead, if you don’t read on: A toner is to balance the pH of your skin after it has been washed. That feeling of tightness in your skin after you have washed it is because the pH is no longer balanced.
- Next thing on my face is Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Serum. Your skin is freshly washed and balanced. You want to give it a big boost of moisture. I have used an amazing serum by Kiehl’s, however the price tag was really high for me when I get the same benefit from the Neutrogena one.
- After I put on the serum (it absorbs super fast) I use Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate. This gives my skin an extra glow and makes it look more awake. It also adds a little moisture and plumps the skin.
- I move on to taking care of that super sensitive skin around the eyes. I learned A LONG time ago to use my ring fingers on this skin. They are your weakest fingers and will be most gentle on this skin. I put a little bit of L’Oreal Revitalift Eye Cream on my finger and PAT it under the eyes and up around on the orbital bone (just below my eye brows). You don’t want to pull on this skin. Treat it so delicately.
- For my moisturizer I do a couple of different things based on how my skin is. I have been LOVING the Clinique 72 Hour Moisture Surge. It is super hydrating. If I feel like I need a little bit more I will use either First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream or Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Lightweight moisturizer.
It seems like a lot, but it really only takes me a minute to get this all done. I have noticed that my skin being prepped helps my makeup go on more smooth, and stay on longer. Do you have a favorite skin care piece that I haven’t mentioned? I would love to know about it and give it a try!