At night I change up my skin care a little bit. I don’t use the same products I use in the morning because my skin has different needs. And here is a tip for you: BEFORE you wash your face, WASH YOUR HANDS. Why would I tell you this? Let’s think about it. You do a lot all day. You probably wash your hands multiple times. But, when you are about to use cleanser and water on your face to remove makeup and clean your skin, you want to have clean hands to do this. Otherwise all the dirt and grim on you hands will get spread ALL over your face.
- After I wash and dry my hands I use Burt’s Bees Cleansing Oil. I rub this oil all over my face and neck. Even on my eyes. It breaks up all of my makeup. I then wet my hands and rub them all over my face again to get the cleansing oil to turn milky. I rinse my face off.
- I use Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton ball. I wipe off my face and my neck again just to make sure that I didn’t miss any makeup when I washed my face. I don’t use toner at night because the cleansing oil and micellar water don’t disrupt the pH of my skin. Both are gentle at removing my makeup.
- After my skin is clean I use the Neutrogena Hydro-Boost Serum. Giving my skin another moisture boost at night, just like I do in the morning.
- I use another face oil at night, the Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I have talked about this oil before. It is a game changer. If you want to know why I love it, read about it here.
- Again I use the eye cream by L’Oreal the same way I do in the morning.
- For my moisturizer I go about it the same way with the same three as I use in the morning. Depending on what I feel like my skin needs. I use the Clinique 72-hour Moisture Surge, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream and Kiehl’s Rosa Arctica Lightweight moisturizer.
I try to do my night time skin care at least 30 minutes before going to bed so that my skin has time to absorb everything and not wipe it on my pillowcase. Do you have a different night time routine?