If you haven’t read Part 1 of this series, I suggest you go back and start there!
I had my follow up visit at the dermatologist and he gave me a clean bill of health!
My scalp is producing oils and I am having to work hard to go longer than a week without washing or using dry shampoo. I am so thrilled! I never thought I would say that.
When I first had my issues back in May I went 23 days without washing my hair and it wasn’t greasy at all. And right now I am washing every Sunday. I am hoping to get back to going longer once summer is over and we aren’t swimming and sweating so much!
I want to share the products I am using to do my hair. I still love a lot of Monat products, but I think they are what caused my scalp issues that started back in January. I love their dry shampoo (its the best I’ve ever used!), their hair oil is phenomenal.
I have been working some L’Ange products in to my routine. Have you seen Jasmine Rae and her mermaid, princess hair? This is her secret and I am all for it.
IN MY SHOWER
- Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo: This is what my dermatologist had me start using back in May when my issues got out of control. It is such a gentle shampoo and it does tingle a little. You can pick it up for about $5 at Trader Joe’s.
- L’Ange Cascade Blowout Shampoo: I have been working some L’Ange products in to my routine. This stuff is so good, it isn’t drying, it adds a little texture for when you style your hair. And it makes your hair washing experience luxurious.
- L’Ange Silk Venom Keratin Treatment Masque: This has been helping my ends not break as much. When you bleach your hair it makes it more susceptible to breakage and damage. Keratin is super good for your hair. I also use it in connection with the next product.
- L’Ange Rejuvenate Keratin Recovery Treatment Spray: I follow the directions on this, wash my hair, rinse, towel dry a bunch of the water out and then spray all over. THEN I add the masque on top of it. SO GOOD! My hair is so silky afterward.
- L’Ange Refresh Invigorating Mint Cream Conditioner: This is what Jasmine Rae uses for her scalp treatment. I love it at the ends of my hair, and I haven’t done a scalp treatment. I am at a place where I am maintaining my healthy scalp and don’t want to rock the boat just yet!
- L’Ange Rehab Hydrating Masque: (my container is pink, they updated their packaging to make it white) You guys. THIS MASQUE! It moisturizes. It smells amazing. It will last you FOREVER. I even use this on my scalp. Yep. You should condition your scalp. Your scalp needs the moisture.
Post Shower Products
I have these listed in the order I use them in.
- Olaplex No. 6: I got this almost a year ago at a salon and it is a miracle worker. I don’t have a link for it because it should be purchased in a salon. I keep mine upside-down to keep the product easy to use. As you can see, its still at the top of the bottle, it’s that thick. I have been using it on Claire’s hair as well to help with the breakage. If you can get one, go get an Olaplex treatment at your salon.
- L’Ange Sorbet Botanical Smoothing Balm: (again packaging has changed) If I could pick the #1 best smelling hair product this is it. I love the way it feels in my hair. I love the way my hair reacts to it and is smooth and soft. I mix it with the next product and together they are a match made in heaven.
- L’Ange Satin Nectar: Another holy grail item. I don’t recall much about the smell, but I am sure it is good! This with the Sorbet is going to give you soft, touchable, shiny hair. If you have to limit your purchase, get this and the Sorbet.
- Living Proof Restore Smooth Blowout Concentrate: If you use a blow dryer you know how annoying it can be to dry your hair. This stuff does a number of things. #1 it’s a heat protectant. #2 it cuts your dry time down! I love, love, love, love it.
- L’Ange Selecte Thick It Cream: I got this because I loved the thickening spray from Monat. And I feel like it is just as good at a fraction of a price! You use a tiny amount and rub it through your hair. Think of your hair as a noodle, that when wet it gets fuller and that is what this does for your hair. It gives it thickness.
- L’Ange Rival Heat Shield: This stuff smells like WATERMELONS! It is so good. It protects your hair from heat. If you aren’t using one, start. Your hair needs to be protected from heat that can bake a cake.
I wanted to show you my hair and what it looks like over the course of a week. The top photos are on a Sunday evening. I washed my hair this day and styled it. The bottom two photos were taken on a Saturday evening (the same week), I haven’t curled my hair in 3 days. It isn’t phenomenal, but my hair is holding curl longer, which means less heat damage!